I’ve made this stock paste several times and it is a great, natural stock for use in any dish. I also tried vegetable stock paste, but found its colour a bit too green (affecting colour of the dish), so I’ve never made it again. But I keep coming back to the chicken stock paste and this Mother’s Day I decided to make some and pack it nicely to gift to grandma and some friends too. They all loved it.
- 300g chicken (I use chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed)
- ca. 200g white veggies cut into pieces: I use 1/2 onion, 1 small piece of garlic, a 5cm piece of leek (white part), 1/2 small parsnip, a piece of celeriac)
- 4 sprigs of fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, parsley)
- 1 bay leaf
- 150g salt
- 100ml white vine
- Mince chicken 5 seconds, speed 7 (I find I need to repeat this step). Set aside.
- Chop veggies and herbs 10 seconds at speed 5.
- Add remaining ingredients, take measuring cup off, put in the simmering basket, close the lid, and cook for 25 minutes on highest temperature (i.e. steam setting) at speed 2.
- Replace measuring cup and blend for 15 seconds at speed 10 (cover Bella with a tea towel just in case your Bella decides to spill hot paste).
- Store in clean jars (you will get roughly 600g of paste, so get a big enough jar or a few smaller ones). Refrigerate and use within 3 months.
- Use 1 teaspoon in 500ml of water.
RECIPE IN PICTURES