Chia seeds. Superfood. No wonder ancient civilizations gave it a name ‘chia’, which means ‘mighty’ or ‘strong’. This pudding is a great choice for a healthy breakfast… low GI, loaded with protein, vitamins, and minerals… and also very delicious and quick and easy to make. Recipe originally found on Bellini Addicts Facebook page.
- 100g raw almonds
- 550ml filtered water
- 85g chia seeds
- 2-3 teaspoons Maqui berry powder
- 1-2 teaspoons Lucuma powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- a handful of raw cacao nibs
- a handful (or two) of goji berries and/or sultanas
- Make almond milk in Bella (or TMX or any other similar appliance). To do this, grind almonds in Bella on speed 9 for 20 seconds.
- Add water and blend 1 minute on speed 9.
- Now add all remaining ingredients and cook 5 minutes on 37˚C, speed 1.
- Transfer chia pudding into a jar (or a container with lid) and keep refrigerated.
Use a nice clear glass (or jar). Layer in following order: 1-2 tablespoons of pudding, some nuts (walnuts or macadamias or hazelnuts… whatever you like), a few fresh berries, 1-2 tablespoons of vanilla yogurt. Repeat layering once more and finish off with some fresh berries.
RECIPE IN PICTURES